This Power BI Desktop Advanced course is aimed at experienced Power BI users. The course covers the use of advanced DAX formulas, variables, queries, calendars and delves into the M language behind the Query Editor. Delegates will learn how to customise the data model through advanced visualisations and dashboard tiles.
What will you learn?
At the end of this Microsoft Power BI Desktop Advanced course, delegates will be able to:
- Use advanced relationships to control data
- Use advanced DAX functions
- Work with variables and queries
- Use advanced Visualisation techniques to convey data efficiently
- Design and deploy Dashboards
Business/Data analysts or anyone who needs to interpret and communicate large quantities of information clearly.
- DAX basics
- Evaluation context
- Relationships overview
- Advanced relationships options
- Cross filter directions
- Ambiguity in bidirectional filters
- CROSSFILTER function
- Many-to-Many relationships
- Table functions – the differences
- ALL; VALUES; DISTINCT; ALLNONBLANKROW; ALLEXCEPT
- RELATED, RALATEDTABLE
- Understanding context transition: CALCULATE and CALCULATETABLE
- Advanced Time intelligence Functions
- Why use variables?
- Understanding variables
- Variables scope
- Digital Storytelling
- Buttons and Bookmarks
- Selection Pane
- Drill through
- Tooltip Page
- Use of Custom Visuals
- Multiple pages slicers
More on Queries
- Advanced query techniques
- Introduction to M
Connecting to other sources
- Import vs Direct Query and Live connections – a discussion
Publishing and Sharing
- Setting User Role in BI Desktop
- Publishing a report
- Creating Dashboards
- Sharing Dashboards
- Creating Workspace
- Publish App
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook, in Adobe pdf format, and other useful reference materials where applicable.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
“"Really great training session. Alan was a great trainer, really engaging and made the session easy to follow and understand. The fact it was remote based training as well made the fact that he was able to keep up all following along and engaged throughout even more impressive!"”Ben, Software One, Power BI Introduction
Delegates must have good experience in Power BI and DAX, or have attended our Power BI Intermediate course.
NOTE: We only offer the Microsoft Power BI Desktop Advanced course on a private in-house basis.