This Adobe Illustrator CC Intermediate course is designed to cover advanced features including creative text effects, layering and masking techniques, drawing and path editing and using Live Colour as well as lots of useful tips and tricks.
Adobe Illustrator is a vector-based graphics program that allows you to create professional quality artwork and type effects for print and web designs.
What will you learn?
At the end of this Adobe Illustrator CC Intermediate course, delegates will be able to:
- Create Compound paths to adjust Bezier curves
- Create Custom Brushes and various Graphic Styles
- Work with Transparency and other raster effects
- Adjust type and apply colour accurately
- Prepare documents for composite and commercial printing
- Enhance the workflow
- Integrate with the rest of Creative Suite
- Prepared for and take the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam
Graphic designers who need to learn how to use Illustrator more effectively.
Live Colour and Live Trace
- Use Live Color to create colours
- Generate a colour group
- Recolour artwork
- Live trace bitmap images
- Improve the trace result
Effects and Transparency Techniques
- Adjusting and applying effects such as drop shadow and 3D
- Using Photoshop effects
- Use the Appearance panel
- Create transparency and opacity masks
- 3D shading with the gradient mesh tool
- Create character and paragraph styles
- Leading, Kerning and Tracking
- Horizontal and vertical scaling
- Add text to a vector path
- Calligraphic brush
- Scatter brush
- Pattern brush
- Art brush
- Bristle brush
- Use the Pen tool
- Work with compound paths
- Use the expand appearance command
- Use the outline strokes command
- Create, use and update graphic styles
- Use envelope distort
- Blend tool
- Create clipping masks
- Use the Width tool
- Use the Pathfinder panel
- Use the perspective grid tool
- Create and manipulate patterns
- Work with layers and sub-layers
- Create and manage multiple artboards
- Export artboards
Setup for Print
- Print terminology explained
- Optimise the effect quality by adjusting raster effect settings
- Create trim marks and crop marks
- Preview artwork using CMYK soft proof
- Package option
ACA Exam Prep
- Using copyrighted material
- Identify design project requirements and deliverable
- Establish the purpose and needs for your target audience
- Mock exam
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
Other Adobe courses.
“"Very thorough, completely tailored to our needs and uses, Brilliant thank you!"
"Very experienced trainer. Thoroughly enjoyed the course. I HAVE LEARNT A LOT!" - Clare”Hannah, Kier Group, Adobe Illustrator Introduction
Attendance of our Illustrator Introduction course or equivalent knowledge is assumed.
Note: For those attending the 3 day public course, you will also be prepared for and take the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam at the end of this course (so you get recognised for the new skills you’ve just gained). This offer does not apply to private courses, or 2 day versions of this course.