On this Microsoft Excel Introduction course you will learn all of the relevant skills needed to build and manipulate basic spreadsheets. With plenty of hands-on time and exercises basic tasks such as:- using shortcuts, working with ranges, building formulae, editing and formatting data, printing and charting will become demystified.
What will you learn?
The objectives of the Microsoft Excel Introduction course are to:
- Give you the knowledge to build, edit, format and print basic spreadsheets
- Introduce the basic principles of creating and using formulae and functions
- Teach users how to create and edit simple graphs
Those new to spreadsheets, those who are self-taught or those who have been told what to do and don’t really understand why they are doing things.
- Understanding the screen layout – Ribbons, Icons, QAT, Zoom etc.
- Cursor shapes and their actions
- Cell selection techniques
Working with cells
- Entering and Editing cells
- Using shortcuts
- Autofill and Flash Fill
- Copying and Moving data
- Undo & Redo
- Clear formats
- Setting up a basic worksheet
- Creating your own formulae
(Some basic maths is covered)
- Order of calculation – BODMAS
- Using in-built functions e.g. sum, average, count, counta
- Relative v Absolute referencing
- Text formatting
- Inserting/Deleting rows & columns
- Hide & Unhide Rows/Columns
- Altering column widths and row heights
- Adding Colours/Borders/Shading
- Alignment & Merging cells
- Wrapping text into paragraphs
- Number formatting
- Format painter
- Add/Edit comments
- Use of Data bars, Colour scales & Icon sets
- Print preview
- Working with Page Break Preview
- Adjusting Margins
- Shrink to fit
- Setting different Print areas
- Headers and Footers
- Repeating heading over multiple pages
- Splitting and freezing
- Insert Chart v Quick chart
- Bar/Line/Pie charts
Headings, Borders, Legends, Data Table
- Printing Charts
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“"Really good and professional trainer"”Alen, Owlstone Medical, Excel Intermediate
No prior Excel knowledge is assumed.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.