This hands-on Microsoft Word Introduction course is designed to give delegates the skills necessary to produce simple Word documents such as letters, memos, and other short documents. You will learn how to navigate documents efficiently and use editing tools, paragraph styles, tabs, lists, and tables to make documents look good.
What will you learn?
At the end of this Microsoft Word Introduction course, delegates will be able to create, edit, format and print documents.
Users needing to learn the fundamentals of word processing.
- Screen layout, QAT, Mini toolbar
- The Ribbon & Backstage View
- Selecting, Deleting, and Inserting text
- Moving around a document
- Insert & Overtype mode
- Making simple editing changes
- Inserting a manual Page Break
- Changing the Page Layout
- Setting Page Margins
- Specifying the Paper size and Orientation
- Applying Borders & Shading
- Page breaks (soft and hard)
Inserting & Formatting Text
- Inserting special characters
- Inserting non breaking hyphens & spaces
- Adding Watermarks
- Changing the Colour, Font, Size, Style and Case
- Underline Options
- Use the format painter tool
- Indenting paragraphs
- Left & Right indent
- First Line indent
- Hanging indent
- Changing Line spacing
Bullet and Numbered lists
- Auto Numbering paragraphs
- Changing bullet/number styles
- Restart numbering
- Setting Tabs using the ruler
- Left, Centre, Right & Leader tabs
- Tab stops
- Removing tabs
- Basic Tables to hold text
- Basic table formatting
Editing and Revising Documents
- Copying and Moving techniques
- Finding and Replacing Text
- Correcting Spelling and Grammar
- Using the Thesaurus
- Using AutoCorrect, AutoComplete and AutoText
Previewing and Printing a Document
- Printing options
- Basic Headers and Footers
- Save as PDF
Viewing documents side by side
- Synchronised scrolling
Screen Capture tool
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“"Really helpful training course which is very useful for my everyday Word Use. I appreciate knowledge in practice.!"”Eleth, Rand, Word Intermediate
No prior knowledge of Microsoft Word is assumed.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
NOTE: We only offer this Microsoft Word Introduction course on a private in-house basis.