This Adobe Illustrator CC Introduction course is designed to teach delegates how to produce good-looking, high quality graphics such as logos and advertisements that include type and graphics. Delegates will create professional looking logos, professional type effects and convert bitmaps to vector artworks through the use of colours, gradients, layers, fonts, and photos with illustrations and text effects.
Adobe Illustrator is a vector-based graphics program that allows you to create professional quality print, type effects and web designs.
What will you learn?
At the end of this Adobe Illustrator CC Introduction course, delegates will be able to:
- Prepare graphics for web, print and video text using various typographical features and techniques
- Apply design principles to create graphic compositions
- Modify and apply colours
- Create symbols, place images and organise artwork using layers
- Archive, export, and publish graphics
Graphic designers or people needing to create illustrations, logos, advertisements or other graphic documents.
The user interface
- Identify user interface elements
- Create and select Workspaces
- Navigate and zoom documents
- Rulers, guides, grids, snap to
- Outline & Preview modes
- Vector v Bitmap formats
- Apply design principles to create artwork
- Using pen and shape tools to create basic geometry
- Selecting and Grouping objects
- Transform and modify elements
- Create and manipulate text
- Organise artwork using layers
- Create symbols
- Selecting and applying colours
- Creating colour swatches
- Applying and modifying gradients
- Working with spot colours
Effects and transparency
- Apply transparency to objects
- Blend elements using blend effects
- Working with bitmaps
- Placing raster images
- Using the links panel to relink and update images
- Tracing images using live trace presets
- Identifying common file formats
- Choose appropriate settings to optimise graphics on the screen, print and video
- Creating JPEG, PDF, PNG, SVG
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“"Very thorough, completely tailored to our needs and uses, Brilliant thank you!"
"Very experienced trainer. Thoroughly enjoyed the course. I HAVE LEARNT A LOT!" - Clare”Hannah, Kier Group, Adobe Illustrator Introduction
No prior knowledge of Illustrator is assumed.
Note: Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
Other Adobe courses.