This Microsoft Visio 2021 Introduction course provides practical guidance on how to create a range of business and technical diagrams and layouts. You will learn the concepts of creating various floor plans, flow charts, ideas, processes, maps etc. using Microsoft’s extensive shapes, themes and gallery's to manipulate diagrams and make information easier to comprehend.
What will you learn?
At the end of this Microsoft Visio 2021 Introduction course delegates will be able to create, format and prints a wide range of professional looking visual diagrams.
Users new to Visio or those who have to create a range of diagrams and drawings such as flowcharts, business diagrams, drawings, office floor plans, organisation charts etc.
- The Visio interface
- Starting Diagrams
- Templates & Stencils/Shapes/Quick Styles
- Zoom and Pan
- Stencils – Floating and docking stencils
- Page layout
- Using Diagrams & backgrounds
- Guides, Rulers, Snap To, Auto Size, Auto Connect on/off
- Connection points, Universal connector
Basic Shapes and Text
- Using & Formatting shapes
- Glue, Align, Distribute, Group/Ungroup
- Shape text, Add text to shapes
- Text boxes & Formatting text & Connectors
- Graphic legends
- Pointer, Text, Rotate
- Connector & Connection point tools
Diagram Types – Creating and Formatting
- Organisation charts – Manual & Excel Quick Import
- Office layouts
- Network Diagrams
Drawing Objects and Layers
- Drawing objects
- Text on objects
- Using layers
- Creating, Viewing, Formatting layers
- Adding objects & Colours
- Distributing & Aligning Objects
- Scaling and Re-sizing objects
- Foreground and background pages
- Navigating pages
- Using Borders
- Links to other pages
- Multi-page drawings
- Using Swimlanes
- Change shape function
- Shape effects – The Shapesheet
- Creating Styles and custom Stencils
- Creating a Template file & Custom master
- Print preview and parameters
- Scaling and measurement units
- Centre and Copy drawings
- To PDF
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
No prior knowledge of Microsoft Visio is assumed.
NOTE: We only offer this Microsoft Visio 2021 Introduction course on a private in-house basis.