This Microsoft Word Intermediate course expands on your basic skills and introduces delegates to useful features that enable you to create complex and professional longer documents with a consistent look and feel. You will use time saving features such as styles, sections and tables as well as looking at more complex printing options using headers and footers. Finally, you will address how to create a mail merge as well as printing envelopes and labels.
What will you learn?
At the end of this Microsoft Word Intermediate course, delegates will be able to produce and manage longer documents efficiently using a variety of techniques as well as mastering tasks such as printing labels and doing mail merges.
Users who need to expand their basic skills and become more competent in creating and managing more complex documents.
Working with Tables
- Inserting/Deleting Rows and Columns
- Merging and Splitting
- Changing width and height
- Changing table alignment
- Drawing a table
- Adding Borders and Shading
- Table Properties
- Converting Text to a Table
- Performing Calculations
- Repeating Header Rows
- Understanding Sections
- Inserting Section Breaks – Next, Continuous, Odd/Even
- Changing the Page Setup for Sections
- Using Sectional Headers and Footers
- Numbering Pages in Sections
- Create and apply Paragraph styles
- Create and apply Character styles
- Modify styles
- Organise styles
- Auto style updating
Using Multiple Columns
- Creating newspaper style columns
- Formatting Columns
- Inserting Column Breaks and non-breaking spaces
- Balancing Newspaper Columns
- Text flow options
Creating Headers and Footers
- Inserting Headers and Footers
- Page Numbering & Dates
- Controlling headers/footers
- Odd and Even headers/footers
- Different headers/footers for different sections
- Creating/Modifying/Applying a template
- Creating a Template based on a document
- Creating a Template based on a template
- Copying styles between templates
Introduction to Mail Merge
- Creating a form letter
- Creating a data source
- Use criteria to merge
- Importing data from Excel/Access
Creating Envelopes and Labels
- Creating Envelopes
- Creating Mailing Labels
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“"Alan was a delightful trainer and helped massively in increasing my knowledge of different and less well-known Microsoft Word functions."”Sam, Rand Corp, Word Intermediate
Delegates should have attended or be familiar with the content of our Word Introduction course.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
NOTE: We only offer this Microsoft Word Intermediate course on a private in-house basis.