This Oracle PL/SQL course is designed to introduce Oracle DBAs, software development personnel and database support staff to the primary features and constructs of the PL/SQL Programming Language.
Delegate will learn and practice:
- Writing and running PL/SQL programs from SQL*Plus or SQL Developer
- Declaring and using variables and constants
- Assigning and manipulating values
- Using SQL statements within PL/SQL
- Implementing conditional execution and loop constructs
- Declaring and using cursors with and without parameters
- Updating data with cursors
- Trapping and handling errors and exceptions in code
- Implementing nested and labelled loops and blocks
- Raising exceptions
- Handling PL/SQL records and tables
- Using PL/SQL table built-in functions
What will you learn?
By the end of this Oracle PL/SQL course, delegates will have the knowledge and skills needed to write stand-alone programs using the main features of Oracle's PL/SQL Programming Language.
Oracle database administrators, software development personnel and database support staff who need to write PL/SQL scripts to enhance their productivity in manipulating data.
- What is PL/SQL?
- Basic Elements
- Variables and Constants
- Data Types
- Initialising Variables and Assigning Values
- Using SQL Statements in Code
- Generating Output to SQL or SQL Developer
- IF THEN ELSIF ELSE Statements
- CASE Statements
- The Basic Loop Construct
- WHILE and FOR Loops
- Nested and Labelled Loops
- The GOTO Statement
- The CONTINUE Statement
- What is a Cursor?
- Implicit and Explicit Cursors
- Cursor Operations
- Declaring, Opening and Closing Cursors
- Fetching Rows
- Status Checking
- Using Cursors FOR UPDATE
- The Cursor FOR Loop
- Parameterised Cursors
EXCEPTIONS AND NESTED BLOCKS
- The EXCEPTION Section
- Types of Exception
- Handling Named System-Raised Exceptions
- Handling Un-named System-Raised Exceptions
- User-Declared Exceptions and Application Errors
- WHEN OTHERS THEN NULL
- Nested and Labelled Blocks
- Propagation of Exceptions
- Scope of Variables and Cursors
- Scope of Goto Statements
PL/SQL RECORDS AND INDEX-BY TABLES
- Declaring Record Types
- Handling PL/SQL Records
- Nested Records
- Declaring PL/SQL Index-By Tables or Associative Arrays
- PL/SQL Table Built-in Functions
- Manipulating PL/SQL Tables or Associative Arrays
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
A working knowledge of SQL*Plus or SQL Developer and Oracle SQL is required along with practical experience in writing SQL statements (via our Oracle SQL course). Some previous programming experience will also prove handy.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
Note: This Oracle PL/SQL course is run on a public schedule or can be taken as a private in-house company course UK wide. For pricing and availability just pick up the phone and call us on 0845 1085481.