This Microsoft SharePoint Site Owner training course is designed to familiarise the new SharePoint Site Owner with the concepts and techniques needed to successfully develop, manage and customise a site with the emphasis on site creation, workflows, security and customisation.
What will you learn?
At the end of this Microsoft SharePoint Site Owner training course, delegates will be able to administer a site, it’s content and workflow, organise site security, manage user and group permissions and customise sites.
Those needing to create and maintain team sites including lists, document libraries, permissions and workflow.
Role of the Site Owner
SharePoint Site Collection
Creating new Sub Sites
- Permissioning choices
Security within SharePoint Sites
- Managing Site Users and Groups
- Default Groups and Permission Levels
- Creating, editing and deleting Groups and their users
- Managing Permission Levels and Permission Inheritance
- Managing Permissions within Lists
- Look and feel and navigation features
- Site Columns
- Site Galleries
- Saving the Site as a Site Template
- Creating a new Site from the Template
- Site Recycle Bin
- Workflow concepts
- Associating default Workflows with a Library or List
- Workflow components within the site
- Developing new Workflows – in-house or third party?
- Default Content Types
- Creating New Content Types
- Template, Columns and Workflows
- Associating Libraries/Lists with Content Types
Site Collection Administration
- Reports and Analytics
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
Attendance of our SharePoint Editor course, or equivalent knowledge, is assumed.
NOTE: We only offer this Microsoft SharePoint Site Owner course on a private in-house basis.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.