Asta Powerproject is a professional project management tool aimed at the construction industry. It helps construction companies create plans, and manage projects, costs and resources. This practical Asta Powerproject 17 Introduction course teaches the basics of project management from initial project set-up to progressing and managing tasks and rescheduling.
What will you learn?
By the end of this Asta Powerproject 17 Introduction course, attendees will be able to:
- Create and manage a basic project
- Enter tasks and durations
- Add milestones and summary tasks
- Link tasks and show the critical path
- Format the Bar Chart display
- Manage the progress of tasks
- Print the project plan
This Powerproject course is designed for site managers and project managers and would also benefit anyone needing to create or update a basic project plan.
- Screen familiarisation
- Ribbon v Toolbar mode
- Changing Time Line display
Creating a New Project
- Creating a project with a template
- Entering project information
- Setting the default Calendar
- Setting exceptions in the Calendar
Creating a Linked Bar Chart
- Entering Tasks
- Entering tasks and durations
- Move/Insert/Delete tasks
- Marking project milestones
- Updating tasks
- Multiple tasks on one line (Split/Merge tasks)
Critical Path Analysis
- Adding Links
- Linking tasks and rescheduling
- Critical Path and Float
- Show/Hide the critical path
- Working with Constraints e.g. Constraining tasks to specific dates
- Setting Lead and Lag time
- Changing the Project start e.g. date
- Working with the Datezone
Creating Project Structure
- Creating summary tasks
- Showing and hiding sub-tasks
- Display switches to show/hide chart elements
- Displaying different task data on the Bar Chart
- Formatting the task detail
- Adding textual annotations
Creating Code Libraries
- Creating new code library entries
- Applying code libraries
- Basic task Filtering
Basic Progress Entry
- Adding columns to the table
- Entering progress
- Setting a progress date
- Displaying a progress line
- Connecting text boxes to bars
- Setting print options
- Setting a border file
- Using print preview
- Adding project properties
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“Very excellent training! Trainer was absolutely on point in teaching.
"Very enjoyable and easy to follow. Ant is obviously very experienced as the course content flowed seamlessly" - LeeAyoade, Bladeroom, Powerproject Introduction
"Very useful and informative course" - Owen
"Very clear, concise and detailed course. Thanks." - Ben”
No prior knowledge of Asta Powerproject or project management is assumed.
NOTE: We only offer this Asta Powerproject 17 Introduction course on a private in-house basis. For pricing and availability just pick up the phone and call us on 0845 1085481.
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.