This Microsoft Excel Intermediate course looks at some of the more sophisticated features needed to simplify (and speed up) working with large amounts of data in terms of formatting, formulae and security. We also cover useful analysis tools required when working in working with lists of data such as sorting, filters and pivot tables.
What will you learn?
At the end of this Microsoft Excel Intermediate course, delegates will be able to take advantage of Excel’s features to better manage and protect their spreadsheets and to analyse data quickly and efficiently.
Users needing to move to the next stage of Excel mastery to simplify their day to day usage of the product (and to save time) by using more advanced features including 3-d formulae, data handling and working with large sheets.
- Copy, Move, Rename, Hide worksheets
- Group editing and formatting
- 3d calculations & 3d Autosum
- View multiple sheets simultaneously
- Creating & Managing links
- Why use them?
- Assigning names
- Using names (in formulae and Go To)
- Named constants
- Controlling data entry
- Customising messages and Error alerts
- Creating Drop-down Lists (with range names)
- Adding passwords to files
- Protecting cells from being altered
- Go To function for cell selection
Working with Data
- Highlighting data blocks quickly
- Sorting – Quick sort, multi field sort, colour sort
- Using logical parameters
- Subtotals – to summarise data
Pivot Tables / Charts
- Understanding how they work
- Manual report v Quick report
- Adding & Moving fields
- Summary functions inc. %
- Formatting fields and reports
- Filtering data
- Editing and changing data
- Refreshing data
Optional Topics (time permitting)
- Tables - Create, Modify and Format
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“"Fantastic course! Thanks you Marko" - Laura
"Really enjoyable and informative course, would recommend to everyone!" - Matt
"Very entertaining and relevant to the job, Easy to follow!" - Cath
”Laura, Abcam, Excel 365 Intermediate
This course assumes attendance of our Microsoft Excel Introductory course (or equivalent knowledge).
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.