This Microsoft Excel Super User course introduces delegates to a number of advanced features of data management including ‘What-if’ data analysis tools, form creation tools, customisation and Macro automation as well as exploring some of the less commonly used features of the product.
What will you learn?
At the end of this Microsoft Excel Super User course, delegates will be aware of some of the uses of the more sophisticated features of Excel.
Power users who need to enhance their existing knowledge and explore some of the less frequently used features of Excel.
- Creating, using and editing a template
- Read Only files
- Creating Custom Views
- Workbook Protection
- Summarising data using Outlining tools
- Customising Ribbons
- Goal seek
- Scenario Manager
- Data Tables (1 and 2 way)
What is a Table?
- Create/Edit/Format tables
- Dynamic table charts / Pivot Tables
- Printing tables feature
- Using slicers
- Totals in Tables
- Structured reference formulas
- Tracing precedents and dependents
- Tracing errors
- Evaluating formulas
- Using the Watch Window
Advanced Pivot Tables
- Grouping / Timelines
- Adding calculated fields
- Slicing multiple Pivot tables
- Adding conditional formatting
- % Difference from
- Creating bespoke number formats
- Creating bespoke date formats
Creating Custom Forms
- Check boxes, option buttons, combo boxes, lists and spinners
- (Macros are covered fully on the Excel VBA course)
- What is a macro?
- Security levels
- Record a simple macro
- Assign shortcut keys
- Create a macro ribbon
- Add/Remove a tab and icon
- assign a macro to a icon
- Deleting macros
Enliten IT will provide each delegate with a workbook and other useful reference materials where applicable. These may be either paper based or in Adobe pdf format or a combination thereof.
“"I know have a much better understanding of 365, my skills have been enhanced."”Maureen, NEA, Microsoft 365 End User
Delegates must have attended our Excel Intermediate course (or have equivalent knowledge and experience).
Enliten IT reserves the right to modify course content and materials as required in the interests of continuous course improvement, at any time, without notification.
The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
NOTE: We only offer this Microsoft Excel Super User course on a private in-house basis.